Choosing the right graphic design agency to trust with your branding strategy or marketing campaign must be done with great thought. It is good business practice to take your time vetting companies and to make sure that you are hiring a team for all the right reasons. When you are given the difficult task of hiring a graphic design agency, you want to be certain that the people you are hiring are well equipped to bring you the results that you want to see, within your desired time frame, and within a reasonable price range. A good way to make sure you are hiring the right people is to ask the right questions during your vetting process. It is not enough that an agency has an impressive roster of previous projects or an awe-inspiring portfolio collection. They should also be able to provide you with the great assurance of the kind of work they can do for your company. Ask:
- What creative roles they have played in their previous projects? Many branding projects are a collaboration between multiple contributors. You want to know exactly what creative tasks the agency did for a particular project, especially ones that closely resemble what you want to achieve with your own campaign.
- How much experience they have, particularly in your niche? Experience plays a key role in successful marketing campaigns. Choosing an experienced agency will give you an edge in terms of understanding the way that your industry and market work and how to best capture the interest of your target audience.
- What their creative process is like? Your prospect agency should be able to articulate how they do their work and what role you will be playing in the process.
- Who will be working on your project? It is also important to get to know the team who will be handling your campaign. Creating connections with each team member is crucial to communicating the right message you wish to convey to your audience.
- What their services cost finally, get estimates for the scope of work you need done so you can plan your budget accordingly.