5 Tips for Hiring a Graphic Design Agency
It’s not always practical nor feasible to hire an in-house graphic team. If you only need graphic designers on a project basis, then outsourcing is the way to go. A great team can help you not only with your design needs but also in establishing your branding image. But how do you know which graphic design agency to hire? Here are some things you should consider before you make a decision:
- Ask around. Chances are, you know a couple of people who have outsourced their graphic design work to an agency before. Ask them who they hired and how they liked the firm’s services. Would they recommend that agency? Did the agency’s work help boost their sales or drum up business? Don’t forget to ask how much they paid. This will give you an idea of how much the agency charges.
- Go online. This is one of the easiest ways to check out the portfolio and aesthetics of a prospective graphic design firm. If their own website it not designed well and does not engage you, don’t hire them. Don’t forget to look for customer reviews about the agency. Go to their social media page to view the feedback about their services.
- Look up their history. How many years of experience do they have? In those years, how many clients have they handled? What they have done can tell you a lot about what they can do for you. Longevity in the graphic design industry is a very good indication of quality.
- Ask about copyright. Make sure that they are willing to transfer all copyrights to you to prevent legal issues in the future. You need to acquire all necessary legal permissions to reuse their designs in any form in the future.
- Let them know about your budget. A great graphic design agency does not have to be expensive. If they have impressed you with word-of-mouth recommendations, an engaging website, a solid history and portfolio, then go ahead and ask for a quotation. Negotiate a fair deal that you can afford, but also value their expertise as artists.